Boobie’s Crawfish Ettoufee’
FOR AS LONG AS I REMEMBER, I WOULD ALWAYS HEAR MY FAMILY SAY, “IF YOU WANT THE BEST TASTE, YOU MUST INVEST IN THE BEST PRODUCTS.” SO, WHEN I PREPARE MY CRAWFISH ETOUFEE, I INSIST ON ONLY FRESH, NEVER FROZEN, LOUISIANA CRAWFISH TAILS. Never sacrifice on great taste.
“Good Stuff Isn’t Cheap, Cheap Stuff Isn’t Good”
- 2 lbs FRESH Louisiana Crawfish Tails
- 2 cans Cream of Shrimp Soup
- 3 bars of unsalted butter
- 2 large bunch of chopped onion tops
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon of sugar
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
Directions on how I prepare:
- Combine butter, soup, tomato sauce, sugar, & 1 bunch chopped onion tops in a coated pot of your choice.
- Cook everything together, except tails & parsley, on a low fire for approximately 1 hour, stirring often not to stick.
- After cooking for an hour, increase fire to medium high.
- Once base starts to boil heavy, add Crawfish Tails, rest of onion tops, & stir well.
- Once mixed well, drop fire to medium & cook 5 minutes, then taste gravy & season to preference, tomato sauce & soup has salt, so don’t season base ahead of time.
- Cook another 10 min on low fire & remove from heat, add parsley & stir in.
- Let rest another 20 min before serving over rice.
IT’S THAT SIMPLE!!! ENJOY